Thursday, January 31, 2008

Iraq rocks my world

Earthquake! And I actually noticed it this time!

I've been through a few earthquakes in Utah and in California, but nothing big, and nothing that I ever even noticed. Most of the time I have to be told, or hear about it in the news.

But last night I was upstairs, working on my computer, and felt like things were swaying. My first impression was to check and see if I had changed my body position and was dealing with postural hypotension or something. Nope. Maybe one of the guys messing with my by pushing the couch that I was sitting on. I look behind the couch. Nope. It stopped, so I went back about my business.

And then this morning, a couple of the guys were talking about the earthquake. Ah. So I wasn't just losing my mind. Not a bad earthquake, though- a little sway, but nothing fell or was broken. Of course, I have no idea where the epicenter was, the magnitude, etc-U.S. Geological Survey didn't list it as making it over 4.5 Richter, anyway.

No comments: