Saturday, March 29, 2008

That sick feeling in my stomach

I've been feeling ill for a couple of hours. I'm not sure if it is any of the following, or a combination:

1. something I ate for dinner
2. the stench in our building (the source of which none of us has been able to identify for eradication, but is sickening regardless)
3. watching guys in digi-blues flip to the Mahdi army- even if it is only 40 of maybe 25,000 or so, and we've known they're even more infiltrated than that. For heaven's sake, at least take off the uniform.


"An Iraqi police commando receives a Quran and an olive branch after deserting Saturday in Baghdad's Sadr City."

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. forces bombed Basra on Saturday as about 40 Iraqi police commandos based in Baghdad deserted to join the Mehdi Army.

So regardless of whether it is one or a combination of the closely linked factors, gustation, olfaction, or digestion, it all stinks.

If I want to look at the negative side, I wonder if the training we were giving our boys in digi-blue had any beneficial effect.
When I'm thinking more positively, I hope that perhaps our training has greatly reduced the rates of defections, or what we'd call in our army not just desertion but traitorous actions. It is hard to say.

No comments: