Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Reality more amusing than fiction?

Now I know that insurgency is not a funny topic. But one of the arrests that made the news today was funny.

If I thought it was lousy to be deployed, I can always take solace that I'm not deployed on the other side, which has apparently been reduced to this incredible subterfuge.

Bride, groom stopped in Iraq actually terror suspects
Story "highlights"....
  • Soldiers became suspicious because car wouldn't stop; convoy was all male
  • Troops also suspicious that groom refused to lift his bride's veil, official says
  • Stubbly face man in bride's gown, three others arrested on terror-related charges
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/26/iraq.bride/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Insert snarky caption here....

and here.....

I'm pretty sure that part of their terrorism was making people look at this "beautiful woman".

No comments: