Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dreams


This is my incredibly hard working and dedicated NCO (MSG Timmy) working on his dreams. Hands down the best NCO I've ever had assigned to me while I've been on active duty.


I’ve never really studied much about dreams, leaving it to certain flavors of psychoanalytically inclined types to interpret their meanings, but I’ve noticed since I’ve been here that I have a certain set of recurring work related dreams. This is a bit disappointing to me, however, as I prefer to not “take my work home with me”. Alas, not much is to be done when I live in my work environment. My room is upstairs from my office, and my entire world for the past five months has been within walking distance. Dreams were my only way to “get away.” So now I have “military” dreams. I did have one last week that woke me up, however. I dreamed that one of the reasons I rarely have a sense of what is going on with my higher headquarters up in Baghdad was because of an incredible desire to keep a piece of information TOP SECRET. The TOP SECRET was that everyone was in earnest planning for a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces in November. I was headed home in a couple of months.

It was just a dream, though. I woke up.

No comments: