Saturday, September 15, 2007

Army Field Theory

'Back in the day', I studied Lewinian field theory, with one of the primary tenets being how behavior was a function of a person/environment interaction.

B = f (P, E)

http://wilderdom.com/theory/FieldTheory.html

Among my other things I do when I don't have to do anything (which is a relatively frequent occurrence right now with no National Police around to train), I create little models in my mind, and occasionally commit them to paper (or ether, as this case is).

HA = f(dF)

Happiness and Autonomy are interactive and both a function of increasing distance from the Flagpole (I wanted that to be d sub F, but can't figure out how to make a subscript in this editor). Also for the statisticians among you, you notice the oblique reference to degrees of freedom related to happiness and autonomy. This law applies to folks like me. I know there are others that would find my position unpleasant, so this law is not universal by any means, but it applies to our Army of two here at An Numaniyah.

No comments: