Friday, January 04, 2008

Top 10 from my 15 days of R&R

These are in no particular order.


1. All things related to plumbing and water- from drinking from the faucet all the way to toilets and showers that actually had both water and pressure- all conveniently located in nice rooms of various kinds

(there's sooo much material in that one- just most of it I will be trying to forget when this is over, so will not go into detail)


2. Restaurants and home-cooked meals- so much food to get reacquainted with, so little time

3. Christmas with the family
4. 3 Sundays at church in Provo

5. MWF early morning basketball

6. Not carrying a weapon

7. No listening to the Motorola radio

8. Clock still ticking on deployment- over 2/3s done now

9. Dates etc with my sweetie

10. Meeting a large number of old friends before and during the R&R

11. The Kissing Grannies of Dallas and the Dallas USO- they were delightful both on my way home for break, and again going back out to Iraq again on 31 Dec.


And for those wondering, no, that Christmas tree in the last posting was not ours. Here's ours:

With part of my sister-in-law's family on Christmas eve:




With my little brother on the 22d...

And for the critics who note 11 items in my Top 10, you're not the boss of me. I'm back at Numy and once again believe I'm in charge of everything. At least for the next month, anyway.

No comments: